what you can do
WANT TO HELP?
1) See the proposed amendment: https://movetoamend.org/wethepeopleamendment
2) See comparisons to other proposed amendments: https://movetoamend.org/other-amendments
3) Sign the petition: https://movetoamend.org/motion
4) Encourage local organizations and cities to pass a resolution for Move to Amend. See long and short forms at www.movetoamend.org/resolutions-map
TEN cities in Florida have already done so: Gainesville, Orlando, Key West, South Miami, Lake Worth, St. Petersburg, Sarasota, Pensacola, Cutler Bay, and Anna Maria. WILL YOURS BE NEXT?
5) Join the local Manasota Move to Amend Affiliate, covering Sarasota and Manatee counties, and be part of this dynamic movement. https://movetoamend.org/fl-sarasota LIKE their Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/movetoamendmanasota/
The Story of Citizens United v. FEC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5kHACjrdEY (8.50 min.)
Legalize Democracy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFsq2WMxhzE (29.38 min.)
A series of films for movie/discussion nights: https://movetoamend.org/toolkit/recommended-documentaries
A serious (and humorous) look at corporate personhood and Super Pacs--with short videos from John Stewart and Steven Colbert - http://www.npr.org/2014/07/28/335288388/when-did-companies-become-people-excavating-the-legal-evolution
A list of sources of corporate constitutional rights and resulting issues: https://www.dropbox.com/home/Move%20to%20Amend%20-%20Interfaith/Introductory%20Material?preview=(031916)+-+Issues+List.doc
Book: Unequal Protection, by Thom Hartmann - http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/item/331:unequal-protection-how-corporations-became-people-and-how-you-can-fight-back